Audit & Assurance
Manager, ADNOC Internal Audit Department
ADNOC is one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we re bringing energy to life.
JOB PURPOSE :
Manage and control the internal audit section by promoting high standards of control and providing objective assurance on the efficiency and effectiveness of internal control systems, governance processes, risk management, and compliance across ADNOC HQ Directorates. Lead audit assignments and special projects being carried out by senior / internal auditors / assistant auditor or other external resources, in accordance with ADNOC Internal Audit policies and procedures, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and other regulatory bodies requirements. Manage assigned Internal Audit activities within ADNOC HQ Directorates to evaluate and contribute to the improvement of governance, risk and control processes using systematic and disciplined approach.
• Participates in initiating/promoting the establishment and continuous improvement of the Corporate Governance Framework including Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Code of Conduct, Ethics and Values. Discusses ethical conflicts with company management.
Risk assessment and Internal Audit Plan
• Provide input for the preparation of periodic report on Audit activities and performance relative to its plans, significant risk exposures, controls/governance issues and other related matters.
• Lead the preparation of the periodic Risk Assessments for audit planning purposes.
• Develops Risk- Based Work Plans, consistent with the inputs from Audit Committee/CEO/Management, to determine the priorities of the Internal Audit activities.
• Schedule Internal Audit s personnel assignments and submits for the Department Manager s approval and supervise execution of internal audit plan.
• Manage assigned special/unplanned Internal Audits, investigations and major fraud reviews.
• Manage the planning, execution and reporting of individual Internal Audit activities.
• Review and approve the audit program, working papers and documentation of assigned audit areas.
• Lead the follow-up audit activities and periodically reviews and updates the status of the management action plans.
• Manage the assigned co-sourced Internal Audit services, monitors performance and administers related activities.
• Monitors the timesheets and regularly updates the database.
• Review and edit Internal Audit Reports and submit the same to VP Internal Audit for review and approval.
• Recommend practical improvements options corresponding to the observations with an objective to contribute to the improvement of governance, risks and control processes to assist in the achievement of the company business objectives and ensure adequacy of the corrective actions taken on audit recommendations / improvement options.
• Follow-up on replies to issued draft and final audit reports, review the adequacy of the corrective actions taken on audit recommendations / improvement options for ensuring successful closure of audit issues.
• Provide support to the Secretary of the Audit Committee in arranging Audit Committee meetings, preparing the agenda, and minutes of meetings (MOMs) and reporting on Corporate Governance Framework, General Controls and other related issues as prescribed in the Audit Committee Charter.
• Conduct workshops or presentations to create awareness about IA function and demonstrate value addition across the ADNOC.
• Provide support in the development and implementation of the automated Audit Management System.
• Provide professional advice on Group Companies Audit Committee Charter,
IA Charter and IA Methodology/Procedures. Provide assistance in the establishment of the Group Audit Committees/IA functions and related governance, when assigned.
• Conduct research and benchmarking to resolve audit issues, identify gaps and support IA function.
• Perform quality review and monitors adherence to approved audit procedures with regards to all functional and administrative activities.
• Participate in Internal Audit Group (IAG) to coordinate and promote knowledge sharing, audit standards, leading practices, common frameworks, methodologies, processes and training programs across ADNOC.
• Assist in preparation of Internal Audit monthly / quarterly / annual progress reports covering various areas including implementation status of Audit Plan, budget performance, audit recommendation s implementation status, department KPI status, areas of concerns requiring Internal Audit Management s attention etc.
• Participate in the development and updates of the Audit & Assurance Charter, Audit Methodology and Procedures Manual.
• Provide professional advice on the Group Companies Audit Committee Charter, IA Charter and IA Methodology/Procedures. Provides assistance in the establishment of Group Audit Committees/IA functions and related governance, when assigned.
• Plan and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the Department to achieve the Division objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Department in line with Division objectives.
• Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Department and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Department in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and Operational Plans
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Bachelor Degree in Auditing/ Finance or relevant discipline.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
• 15 years of relevant experience in internal auditing, with varied experience in oil and gas operations and their inherent challenges/risks in the context of corporate function with 6 years of experience in supervisory/ =