Aviation Maintenance Operations Manager for GAL Aviation Maintenance Program manages and supervises employees on the maintenance contract. Assists the Program Manager on maintenance, material planning, and all contract requirements and deliverables. Responsible for the overall day-to-day maintenance functions of AVIM maintenance, maintenance and material planning, production control and shops. Carries out directives of the Aviation Maintenance Program Manager and acts as the Program Manager in his absence.
Will also be responsible to:
1. Manages all facets of aircraft maintenance production control operations, maintenance planning, day to day shop workload and their associated personnel by establishing and controlling work hours and overtime.
2.Supervises the scheduled maintenance forecasting and planning for assets in support of operational mission requirements, the flying-hour program, and bank time goals.
3. In conjunction with the program manager, ensures that all aircraft inspection procedures, maintenance, practices, standards, and records comply with all FAA, TAMMS, GAL, and customer regulations.
4. Responds to all levels of concern regarding aviation maintenance and execution of the maintenance plan.
5. Develops and maintains aircraft maintenance and logistics deployment plans.
6. Supervises maintenance planning management and supply (Class IX) planning/tracking; and organizes maintenance elements in support of aviation operations.
7. Supervises the development, implementation and maintenance of SOPs for the management of maintenance activities.
8. Interprets regulations, TMs, and orders pertaining to maintenance and sustainment actions of Army aircraft for commanders and subordinates.
9. Provides maintenance and logistical information to the customer and staff on aviation and aviation-related systems.
10. Ensures that all aircraft are being maintained to airworthiness standards prescribed by applicable regulations, technical manuals, airworthiness directives, and good maintenance practices.
11. Maintains a close liaison with all managers and pilots to provide the best maintenance that is required daily on the airfield.
12. May delegate authority and functions to the Q&E Manager but must retain responsibility for all assigned Managers.
13. Ensures all personnel have the tools, equipment, and training in order to support maintenance contract requirements.
14. Ensures a safe work environment and must be able to lead by example.
15. Sustain contractual KPIs within pre-specified limitations and indicate/flag any potential drop downs to the unit PM.
16. Represent the official link of the maintenance program with the customer leadership (Cdr Office - Maintenance Battalion - Tech Affairs Dept).