The Communications department handles all external communications, including earned news, public relations, media relations, editing, translation, and other writing (e.g. web stories, thought leadership), as well as attracting media to attend and cover the event and manage their facilities and services. The key purpose of the department is to communicate Expo 2020 Dubai news to media, locally, regionally and internationally, to generate positive coverage, which translates into achieving our goal of 25 million visits during the six-month event.
Media Operations, a department within Communications, is responsible for providing all the services and facilities the accredited media need to do their jobs, both when on the Expo site and when working remotely. This includes all the planning and preparation in advance of the Event.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Broadcast Production, the manager will be responsible for managing the Host Broadcast contract to ensure all obligations are met.
This position will be part of the key management team responsible for delivering all aspects of the Media Operations for Expo 2020.
The Manager, Broadcast Production is responsible for the smooth integration and collaboration of the Host Broadcaster during the planning and delivery of the overall Host Broadcast plan.
The main responsibilites of the role include:
- Assist the Head of Broadcast and Senior Manager in managing the deliverables of the Host Broadcast contract;
- The Manager, Broadcast Production is responsible for the smooth integration and collaboration of the Host Broadcaster during the planning and delivery of the overall Host Broadcast plan;
- Manage the planning of all Host Broadcast facilities and services;
- Manage the day to day relationship with Host Broadcaster at all levels to assist them in their planning, when on-site.Liaise with Host Broadcaster on deliverables including reporting, milestones, venue planning and service levels from the beginning of the contract;
- Guide Host Broadcaster on unilateral broadcaster requirements, ensuring delivery capacity;
- Manage all filming requests from accredited Broadcasters;
- Assist the Head of Broadcast and Senior Managers in preparing procedural frameworks for Broadcast Operations including procedures, processes, guidelines and responsibilities.
- Ensure the Host Broadcaster delivers their contractual obligations and excellence in guest experience to all unilateral broadcasters attending the Event.