In order to ensure a meaningful, engaging and fun experience for visitors at Expo 2020, the Programming Team is tasked with developing, aligning, scheduling, producing and delivering programming content across different venues for the 6 months of Expo 2020. In doing so, it integrates and aligns programming content from a diversity of internal and external stakeholders across multiple venues; and also commissions Expo-led programming concepts through an in-house creative team. To ensure efficiency in production and world-class delivery, the team manages both the technical production and the operation of venues in the public realm as well as the Dubai Exhibition Centre.
The F&B Logistics Manager will be a capable team leader who can effectively contribute to the logistics planning for all F&B operations for Expo 2020. This key manager will work in cross functional teams, lead on F&B onsite logistics planning, provide support and guidance to F&B contract managers and multiple F&B / Catering service providers. The successful candidate will understand operations and planning requirements and be comfortable dealing with complex logistics environments with specific requirements such as just-in-time and temperature controlled supply chains.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Representing the wider F&B team as a specialist, offering insight into logistics management, planning, and scheduling, compound management, supply chain management and other essential areas within F&B operations;
- To work with contracted F&B service providers to ensure that they deliver the F&B operations for EX20 that meets KPI s and is in budget;
- Support related departments with logistics planning such as transport, security and other enabling functions to ensure coordination;
- Provide support to the Concessions department in the development and delivery of the F&B / Hospitality services across the EX20 site and also assist, liaise, support and work collaboratively with the Expo 2020 wider Logistics team in relation to the individual F&B operator s requirements;
- Develop plans and operational management of a centralized F&B main compound area, with multiple F&B operators as well as provide support and Feedback in the logistics plans and operational plans of multiple F&B operators at the Expo 2020 site;
- The Expo 2020 event period will have BOH operations occurring over a 24 hour period. With operational delivery compounds and points operated during the off hours, it is envisioned that this role will be the lead management Role during this overnight period;
- Working to assist and deliver a F&B program within the parameters of local legislation, ensuring a safe operation across all delivery modes and integrating with key parties to approve plans and actively monitor operations.