The Information Technology Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Manager, IT Client Services in Dubai to plan, organize, and direct the operations of Information Technology Department; supervise and coordinate the work of the Help Desk, Training, and Instructional Services in support of the users of IT services and resources.
• Provides leadership for designing and implementing an on-going faculty development plan for the effective and successful integration of technology into the learning environment
• Provides leadership in designing and implementing a training program for staff, faculty and students that provides expert instruction in computer use (hardware/software) and offers project-specific support to individuals or departments
• Provides leadership in working with faculty to promote the effective integration of technology into the instructional programs of the University
• Provides leadership in designing and implementing a plan for providing consistent and efficient support for the student laptop program
• Ensures the proactive support of students, staff, and faculty with regards to technical issues
• Inspires, develops, and manages staff using quality service techniques in order to provide timely and accurate end user systems and services and high levels of customer satisfaction
• Collaborates with faculty and administrators to develop technical resources and solutions that promote effective learning and efficient business practices
• Creates and implement ongoing practices and strategies to ensure the instruction and appraisal of faculty, students, and administrative staff in their use of technology
• Assists as needed with the formulation and development of policies, procedures, and programs of the IT Department
• Collaborates with faculty and respective university officials to design and specify technologically-equipped instructional facilities
• Develops and promote the services of the IT Help Desk
• Develops and implements appropriate support and consultation services to resolve issues and problems with campus IT resources and services
• Prepares and maintain a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records, and files related to assigned areas; prepare reports, articles, correspondence, and other materials
• Communicates with other administrators, University personnel, and contractors to coordinate activities and programs, resolve issues and conflicts and exchange information
• Participates in departmental budgeting and planning activities; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
• Must possess a master s degree in instructional technology or related field; with a minimum 10 years of experience, including four years in a supervisory capacity with steady advancement in a complex organization, preferably within Higher Education
• Define realistic, specific goals and objectives and prioritize them
• Knowledge of planning, organizing, and directing IT client services
• Knowledge of the pedagogical issues related to the integration of technology into the learning environment
• Knowledge of effective help desk management techniques
• Research, analyze, and recommend new system software and services
• Identify problems and work with staff to recommend and implement solutions.