The Human Resources, Workforce and Volunteers department (HRD) is responsible for delivering an exceptional workforce who will deliver an exceptional Expo. HRD includes the following functional areas: Human Resources Operations (HRO), Workforce (WKF), Volunteers (VOL), Internal Communications, Training & Engagement (IET), Emiratization & Expo Academy (EMI).
The Internal Communications, Training & Engagement function is to ensure that between now and event time every single person (whether paid, volunteer or contractor) working for Expo 2020 is engaged to a level where they feel an unbreakable connection to Expo 2020 s vision, which inspires passion and the drive and capability to deliver an Exceptional Expo.
The Internal Communications Manager plays a key role in delivering an Exceptional Expo by informing and inspiring all employees and Workforce. The Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for delivering effective communication plans to support the overall strategy and for keeping our employees and workforce up-to-date, sharing operational and engaging news about both the Expo and their journey to the event.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop internal communications strategy in collaboration with Senior Manager;
- Own and evolve the organization s internal communications plans, critical path and calendar;
- Design and deliver comprehensive, strategic internal communications plans/campaigns, including developing new channels, and all associated materials and content such as newsletters, emails, intranet copy, and other relevant channels;
- Support the evolution and implementation of our change management communications plan to ensure all workforce (paid, volunteer and contractors) are informed and inspired on the journey to Expo 2020 and beyond;
- Support the development of leadership communications including cascade packs and toolkits;
- Manage and ensure that all channels adhere to the Tone of Voice and Brand Guidelines Create and publish engaging content;
- Work with the IT team and developers to manage the intranet to ensure all Expo content is accurate, up to date and easy to access/use by the Expo employees;
- Work with internal stakeholders on content requirements and make sure it is always updated with the ability to manage several large projects simultaneously.