• Manager - Retail Credit Policy provides a direct contribution to the profitability of the Retail finance business by designing and implementing appropriate Retail Credit Policies along with the robust process is across the customer lifecycle (prospecting, acquisition, maintenance).
• Manager - Retail Credit Policy continually monitors portfolio performance and is responsible to analyze and diagnose potential developing threats to portfolio quality and accordingly react to mitigate them.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Develop comprehensive product program manuals for all Retail Credit Products offered by the Organisation. The product programs must be all-encompassing and address the full set of consideration around the prospecting of customers, the underwriting of new credit applications and the maintenance of already approved credit facilities.
• Constantly monitor the Market through continuous Competition Scan to understand developments in the relevant market segment.
• Be informed of Macro developments in the Market and propose countermeasures that will mitigate the potential impact of Macro factors to the quality of the existing or the to-be-acquired portfolio.
• Identify opportunities in the target or new market segments and propose credit policies to take advantage and capitalize on these opportunities.
• Monitor Credit Portfolio performance. Identify areas of concern, analyze/diagnose reasons creating them and propose mitigating actions through revamped policies and/or processes.
• Design and launch Test Programs to experiment with a new segment/approach in a control fashion with ring-fenced downside risks.
• Maintain a Test Program Tracker to monitor the performance of the Test Programs.
• Design Effective Credit Processes. Balance the trade-off between fast TAT and robust due diligence.
• Develop and maintain Approve List of Employers policy. Interact with internal staff and/or external vendor to implement the overall listing process, inclusive of the activity of Field Visits.
• Monitor the performance of the Approved Employers and react when predefine thresholds are breached.
• Interact and assist the Risk Analytics staff in their effort to implement Credit Scoring models.
• Provide portfolio insights on the analysis of data patterns.
• Be the key contact person for interaction with Al Etihad Credit Bureau (AECB). Monitor developments in AECB reporting and propose adopted approaches to maximize the utilization of the information provided by AECB.
• Advocate and implement automated approaches to Retail Credit Underwriting. Understand modern decision support tools and design ways to embed them in the Credit Processes both to ensure fast TAT and superior Customer Experience but also to enable the data-driven acquisition and portfolio management.
• Perform training to relevant departments (Credit, Product, Sales) on newly developed credit policies and procedures.
• Conduct annual reviews of credit policies and processes.
• Develop and maintain credit policy adherence strategies and actions to ensure credits are approved within the framework of the established Credit Policies, inclusive of any deviation/exception approval.
• Track compliance with local regulations and internal Credit Policies, raising potential concerns and monitoring remedial actions taken to rectify breaches.
• Participate in meetings to support business growth and operate as a subject matter expert on credit policy matters.
• Provide extensive support to Risk Peers to ensure risk management decision support tools reflect the credit policies and processes designed for the retail products, to contribute to overall asset quality fro Retail.
• Provide support to overall in risk management initiatives, ensuring collections, portfolio default, and account recovery policies, procedures, systems, analysis, forecasting, and reporting are designed to minimize delinquency and loan losses for all retail and small business credit portfolios while identifying, developing and implementing cost reduction controls.
• Provide strong leadership to Staff members under his/her supervision to motivate both individual and team performance and foster a commitment to One Team/One Goal.
• Manage and be able to work efficiently and under pressure.
Desired Skills and Experience
The complexity of Position:
• The incumbent provides expert leadership to a diverse department of credit risk resources with significant cross-divisional impact. The incumbent must be open-minded and committed to advocating innovative and creative solutions within Credit Risk appetite framework. The incumbent operates in a changing environment as the FH s risk profile may increase due to market condition and/or strategic direction.
The incumbent requires an in-depth understanding of:
• The retail credit business and risk management techniques in general.
• Predictive modeling theory combined with practical application in a credit environment.
• Features/policies/procedures associated with all retail credit products.
• Legislative and marketplace issues are relative to credit risk management.
• Economic/Business/Financial trends in the retail credit industry.
• Roles of the various functional areas across the Retail Finance.
• Minimum 8+ years of experience in Credit Policy.
• Bachelor's degree in Business and Finance or relevant field.