Industry Oil & Gas
Primary logistics leader for Pearl Petroleum Project. Responsible for supporting the logistics program development and implementation, with accountability for logistics operational execution. Supervises daily international transportation activities, personnel, provides functional project alignment with internal/external teams and reporting efficacy for budget and on time performance.
• Oversees day-to-day global logistics/transportation functions, including; international customs agents, brokers, freight forwarders, carriers and other 3 rd party logistics services for the project.
• Oversight and active processing of traffic and customs documentation for the physical movement of door to door (import/export) cargo.
• Support internal/external logistics procedure development and implementation/onboarding of the transportation service providers.
• Provide guidance on import/export regulation
• Manage Project Logistics costs within budgeted expectations
• Manage Project Logistics performance within project and compliance guidelines.
• Problem solve and create global solutions to meet customer expectations.
• Maintain an excellent working relationship with company s internal departments, clients, agents and carriers. Monitor the effectiveness of these relationships and develop programs/processes to improve them.
• Lead International Transportation Interface with Project Management Teams
• Oversee 3p/l Freight Bill Audit Pay Process
• Responsible for assigned International Transportation Specialists ensuring KPI s are met.
• Respond to or oversee requests for quotes/information.
• Oversee the negotiations with agents and vendors to obtain best in class pricing.
• Work with Corporate Trade Control to ensure alignment on Trade Control practices/procedures and audits
• Ensure Free Zone admissions/removals are done in compliance with local regulations
• Requires employee to constantly, type and use a computer and other office equipment, such as copier, printer, calendar, telephones, etc.
• Bachelor s Degree in logistics, operations or finance/accounting.
• Oracle experience / Other ERP systems
• 15+ yrs of total experience
• 5 7 years of International Logistics experience.
• 3 5 years of management, P&L, training, and development
• Strong system skills and experience improving business processes
• Team-oriented leader, business partner, change agent, highly organized, self-starter.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient negotiation skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work
• Advanced working knowledge of Breakbulk/OOG cargo management
• Advanced working knowledge of transportation to remote site locations.
• Advanced working knowledge of shipment processing and government regulations
• Comprehensive understanding of accounting functions related to shipment processing and profit & loss management