Manager Non-Invasive Cardiology Laboratory
King Faisal Specialist Hospital - Madinah
Madinah, Saudi Arabia
Plans, directs, and manages the services, activities, and staff of the Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab as directed by the Director of Heart Centre and Director of Clinical Services.
Education / Qualification Required:
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Cardiovascular Technology or related discipline, or Graduate from an accredited program in cardiovascular technology, health science, cardiac ultrasound or any Health care field from an institution from North America, Western Europe, New Zealand or Australia.
• 6 years of related experience with a Master's degree
• 8 years with a bachelor's degree
• 9 years with a diploma or associates degree.
• Current Registration from country of origin and/or Saudi Commission for Health specialties (SCHS)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees the overall quality of services provided in the Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab.
• Suggests cost effective operations for the Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab with the allocated resources in accordance with outcome performance measurement programs.
• Carries out short and long range operations to ensure the accomplishment of the clinical, financial, and administrative objectives of the Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab, as directed.
• Assists with the revision, development and implementation of Internal Policies and Procedures.
• Assists with the implementation of the Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab Continuous Quality Improvement
• Program and monitors the Lab for compliance of JCIA and other applicable standards. Oversees PI Projects.
• Supervises the quality and competence of the Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab technical staff through skill based competency assessments, in-service education and workshops. Ensures that new personnel are properly oriented.
• Oversees the Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab In-Service Education Program. Organises for attendance at relevant conferences, seminars and workshops.
• Provides statistical reports as required by the Directors.
• Counsels staff as required.
• Carries and responds to a pager 24/7.
• Evaluates employee performance and recommends to the Directors employees for salary increase, promotions, bonus, and disciplinary actions.
• Reviews employment applications, interviews candidates, discusses applicants with Directors and makes recommendations to International and Local Recruitment Offices.
• Oversees staffing schedules and ensures that all sections have adequate coverage for the provision of service.
• Evaluates equipment and makes recommendations to the Directors regarding purchase, upgrades and replacements. Ensures all equipment is operating properly, is regularly maintained and repaired.
• Review and modify section policies, procedures and protocols. Establish a continues quality improvement program in accordance with CBAHI, JCI, SFDA and other accreditation agencies standards.
• Ensure section compliance with Radiation safety rules and regulation of the Hospital in accordance with KACST and K.A. CARE and other national or international regulatory bodies.
• Ensure compliance with ALARA principle Role for all procedures involving radiation exposure.
• Follows all Lab and Hospital related policies and procedures.
• Participates in self and others education, training and development as applicable.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.