In order to ensure a meaningful, engaging and fun experience for visitors at Expo 2020, the Programming Team is tasked with developing, aligning, scheduling, producing and delivering programming content across different venues for the 6 months of Expo 2020. In doing so, it integrates and aligns programming content from a diversity of internal and external stakeholders across multiple venues; and also commissions Expo-led programming concepts through an in-house creative team. To ensure efficiency in production and world-class delivery, the team manages both the technical production and the operation of venues in the public realm as well as the Dubai Exhibition Center.
The Manager - Planning and Management is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager in managing the event delivery phase of all participant-led programming once confirmed on the Master Event Calendar in order to ensure a seamless handover to the Production and Delivery Team.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Support the Senior Manager in liaison with the event planning team of International Participants in order to ensure that comprehensive final joining instructions are collated and disseminated;
- Manage processes and planning frameworks (incl. SOPs and SLAs) to ensure effective and efficient management of the participant-led programming, including excessive internal and external stakeholder management;
- Manage the calendar based on thorough understanding of site-wide constraints and parameters such as crowd modelling, operational considerations, sound bleeding, light bleeding, visitor profiles, health & safety etc;
- Work closely with Live Events and Activations (LEA), PDY and internal Expo stakeholders to give clear direction to coordinate the event delivery;
- Be the central point of contact and communications for day to day dialogue with the participants event planning teams through concept refinement to final delivery and reconciliation;
- Support the Senior Manager in drafting regular reports on progression, milestone achievements and update of the critical path associated with IP delivering with participants-led programming as well as condult to link the participant's event teams to appropriate Expo stakeholders;
- Collate all information required for a DTCM permit for events, and ensure that participants have followed and carried out all accreditation and VAPP requirements;
- Link all participant led programming information to the Event Management System, the central Expo run sheets on the Control and Command Platform and the departmental programming run sheets.