Department: Retail Risk Management Unit
Reporting to: Head Retail Risk Management
Job location: Abu Dhabi - UAE
• Manager Risk Analytics provides a direct contribution to the profitability of the Retail finance business by enabling the deep understanding of the Retail Credit Portfolios and the appropriate actions to mitigate escalating Risks or to capitalize on market opportunities.
• Manager Risk Analytics develops and implements tools that assist in risk identification, measurement and mitigation.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Liaise with IT dept. on data requirements with specifications on data retrieval and /or enhancement of the Internal Data Warehouse to achieve the goals of the Unit.
• Reconcile reporting Outstanding Balances with GL balance.
• Drive Collections strategy through portfolio analytics combined with Collector-level data review.
• Develop Credit Scoring Model(s) to be used in sourcing and portfolio management.
• Assist the implementation of the developed Scoring models in the Decision Engine.
• Monitor the performance of the implemented Scoring models with efficient and frequent portfolio monitoring tools.
• Develop/Review/Assess models for the purposes of ECL forecasting under IFRS 9. Liaise with external vendors/providers if required.
• Manage/contribute to the provisioning exercise as required under IFRS 9, in compliance with Central Bank /other regulatory requirements.
• Perform Stress Test analysis on a periodic basis and/or when it is required by regulation.
• Produce Monthly portfolio performance review report of FH/IFH products to Senior Management. Share findings with Head of Policy and assist him/her in data mining and root-cause analysis with relevant data analytics.
• Ensure all regulatory reporting requirements are accurately satisfied in a timely manner.
• Contribute in Risk Processes mapping and improvement
• Provide support to overall in risk management initiatives, ensuring collections, portfolio default and account recovery policies, procedures, systems, analysis, forecasting and reporting are designed to minimize delinquency and loan losses for all retail and small business credit portfolios while identifying, developing and implementing cost reduction controls.
• Provide strong leadership to Staff members under his/her supervision to motivate both individual and team performance and foster a commitment to One Team/One Goal. Lead by example. Recruit high potential management candidates and develop staff by sharing knowledge/experience and provide opportunities for staff to take responsibility for achieving business objectives/goals.
• Manage and be able to work efficiently and under pressure.
• Ensure compliance and closure of Audit related issues if any.
• Any additional duties assigned by line management
Desired Skills and Experience
• Credit Modelling Techniques (Scorecard development);
• Basel / IFRS 9 modelling (PD, LGD, EAD, CCF, BeEL, ECL).
• Experience in the following tools;
• PL- SQL (MS-SQL server or Oracle)
• Reporting and Dash boarding Tools (e.g. MS Office, MS SSRS, MS Reporting Builder or Tableau)
• Additional Analytical and Data Mining Tools (e.g. SSAS, BO, OBIEE, SAP)
General Business Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to work in Teams but also independently.
• Organized, efficient, accurate in follow up and attentive to details.
• Ability to coach Staff reporting to him/her.
• Sound analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Technical Skills
• Business Awareness
• Adaptability with System & Tools
• Efficient thinking and solution deployment
• Knowledge of predictive modelling techniques