Skills and attributes for success
• Providing guidance and knowledge, participating in performing procedures focusing on complex, judgmental, and/or specialized issues
• Working with the team/client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives. Making sure the strategy complies with professional standards and addresses the inherent risks.
• Briefing the team on the client s IT environment and industry IT trends
• Maintaining relationships with client management, managing expectations around work products, timing, and deliverables billing
• Demonstrating a thorough understanding of complex information systems and the client s business/industry.
• Demonstrating excellent project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with team members. Using current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
iTo qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor s degree and at least 5 years of related work experience
• A degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems or a related discipline
• Approximately 5 years of experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk advisor for a public accounting firm, professional services firm or financial services company, or comparable experience as an advisor to a financial services company
• Solid experience leading IT internal audit, external audit, service organization control reporting and/or IT internal controls engagements and assisting with business development activities within financial services
• Experience with internal audit risk assessments, SOX/internal controls, Service Organization Control (SOC) reporting, tools and enablers in the financial services sector
• Strong project management skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
• Excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
Ideally, you ll also have
CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA or CFE certification is desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified within 1 year from the date of hire. Based on an individual s professional background, area of specialization or industry focus, we recognize that other certifications, credentials or experience may be more relevant than the listed certifications and therefore may be acceptable substitutes with written consent of EY's Americas IT Risk & Assurance leadership.