The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for the overall positioning of Expo 2020 in domestic and international markets. This includes creating compelling stories and campaigns for a wide range of audiences across a breadth of platforms, liaising with internal and external stakeholders including Partners and International Participants to ensure consistency in message and identify opportunities for collaboration, and building relationships with local and international media. The team is also tasked with maintaining Expo owned channels including digital and social, upholding the integrity of the Expo 2020 brand across all touchpoints, facilitating commercial media partnerships, providing technical and content services to broadcasters, and managing sponsorship and brand ambassador relationships.
Manager, Social Media, will plays a collaborative cross-functional role between marketing and communications to amplify all their activities on social media. The role is also responsible for the overall social media management for Expo 2020 and all content ideation, planning and development alongside campaign execution and social monitoring, and community management.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Oversee all social media platforms from ideation to content creation, implementation, management and reporting, develop compelling multi-channel and in-depth content strategy designed to accomplish larger business objectives;
- Develop quarterly content road maps based on pre-approved content themes and pillars, work cross-functionally with the communications department and other internal stakeholders;
- Ownership of the Social media calendar that captures all marketing and communications activities as well as other social-led activities;
- Conceive, create and execute innovative social media marketing campaigns to deliver brand affinity and increased consumer engagement;
- Develop, plan and execute quarterly social media stand-alone campaigns in-line with Expo 2020 objectives to grow fan-base across all channels and increase engagement levels;
- Serve as primary point of contact with appointed social media agency and manage day-to-day communications and deliverables with the agency;
- Ability to re-purpose social media content for different social media platforms based on deep understanding how content is consumed differently on each channel;
- Work with internal stakeholders across the organization to support and amplify key messages on each channel, work closely with the international and domestic marketing teams and develop and manage relationships with 3rd party vendors related to social media.