The Department of Student Accessibility Services seeks an incumbent for the position of Manager, Student Accessibility Services, who will be responsible for the administration of the operations and activities ensuring it is in line with the stated goals, vision and mission of the division. Proactively promotes the awareness about the Department of Student Accessibility Services to encourage the acceptance of special needs students amongest Zayed University s community. The Incumbent will manage the Work of a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Team, within the Department of Student Accessibility Services, to support Students with Special Needs.
• Guide the development and implementation of long-range and short-range plans for achieving special education goals and objectives in alignment with the Department s strategic plan.
• Plans, develops, implements, and administers programs and services to meet identified needs, including development and implementation of new programs and services.
• Maintaining existing resources and exploring opportunities to develop or incorporate new resources from the wide range available within the University and externally.
• Encouraging an atmosphere of continuing professional development and sharing of good practice with colleagues.
• Advising and Supporting Faculty in their teaching and curriculum delivery for those students with special educational needs.
• Ensures that students, including those with special or additional needs receive their full educational entitlement and have access to the whole curriculum.
• Maintain open lines of communication regarding special education with all interested parties; respond to concerns of parents, faculty and students.
• Provides ongoing SEN assessments (ranging from screening to assessment) to make recommendations for action that can subsequently be used to create individual educational plans (IEP).
• Coordinates and Promotes Accessibility related professional workshops to faculty and staff as well as workshops that can be given in high schools.
• Creates an annual budget that supports initiative by the Department of Student Accessibility Services.
• Manages all administrative work related to the department and generates on going Reports related to SEN.
• Manager all admin work related to the department of Student Accessibility Services in Dubai and generates on going reports related to SEN.
• Expands and maintains knowledge of current disability laws to ensure ZU maintains compliance.
• Facilitates communication and problem solving between faculty, staff, and students with disabilities on access and accommodation issues.
• Makes recommendations to the Department s Director regarding any issues related to SEN students.
• Creates marketing information describing the department services to encourage students with disability to self-identify.
• Organizes awareness Event of SEN for all ZU Community.
• Provides training to ZU s community to effectively support SEN students.
• Promotes, a positive student self-image, improving motivation levels and create a sense of can do .
• Manages the allocation of support resources, where appropriate, to identified SEN students.
• Conduct researches on challenges related to SEN Students and provide solutions to be used as database in the future.
• Must possess a Master s Degree in School or Clinical Psychology) from an accredited Institution with a minimum of 10 years of experience with SEN students or an equivalent Combination of education and experience.
• Hold a recognized license in (school or clinical psychology (covering Learning Difficulties).
• Willingness to travel between Abu Dhabi and Dubai when required (position is based in Dubai).
Desired or preferred requirements:
• Able to work unsupervised / self-motivating to ensure delivery of competent, ethical, and efficient services.
• Familiarity with the UAE/Arabic collective society and culture is a necessity.
• Comfortable with technology (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of group dynamics and personal counseling techniques suitable to an educational setting.
• Ability to build and sustain good relationships with Staff
• Ability to motivate others.