We have an urgent requirement of “Manager Subcontracting - EPC/EPCIC/Construction Projects”, based in Abu Dhabi. Please find brief about the Job mentioned below but not limited.
Undertake or lead pre-award subcontracting activities and post-award administration for local/regional onshore or offshore EPCC/EPCIC/Construction projects.
To prepare subcontracting plans, evaluation of quotes and finalization of Comparative Statement, selection of successful bidders, keeping a frequent check on subcontractor’s performance, timely payments and closing of agreements of subcontracted works.
Reporting lines and interactions:
• Functionally reports to: Subcontract Department Manager
• Operationally reports to: Project Manager/Project
Key interactions (internally, externally):
1. Internally: Project managers, project engineering managers, tendering team, engineering discipline leaders, construction managers, accounts, project controls etc.
2. Externally: Subcontractors, Clients (if required)
• Prepare the Project Subcontracting Procedure as well as the master inquiry and subcontract package. In conjunction with Legal Department, prepare flow down clause plan.
• Evaluate quotes, seek clarifications, and finalize Comparative Statement Targets (CST) considering the approved budgeted quantity and cost and obtain approval from Head IPBA.
• Issues inquiries to pre-qualified bidders and solicit quotes in time to meet the project requirements.
• Prepare inquiry packages for different subcontracting jobs including scope of work, terms of reference, BOQs, specification, scope of supply, condition of contract and form of agreement.
• Responsible for selection successful bidders and get the contract executed.
• Ensure that record of subcontractors, whose contracts are either terminated or who are blacklisted, is communicated to Head Office.
• Receive progress invoices from subcontractors and process them for release of payment including settle of the final account and release of bonds / guarantees etc.
• Obtain payable aging reports regarding subcontracts from Finance and effect timely release of invoices.
• Ensure the effective achievement of business area objectives through the strong leadership by – setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize subordinate and the performance of the section.
• Accountable to create a safe working environment, manage risks, reduce exposure to hazardous liability and ensure implementation of QHSE policy.
• Comply with all QA/QC standards (DIMS standards) as applicable to the company systems, policies, procedures, and documents in order to deliver the expected quality of work.
• Act as the focal point of contact with the Project team.
• Supervise and leads the subcontracting team assigned to the Project.
• Provide training and development for assigned team member.
• Formulate the Project Subcontracting Strategy based on the specific project requirements, geographical constraints, Group Subcontracting Principles etc.
• Implement policy and procedure to ensure commercial ethical and compliance in the placing and execution of subcontracts.
• Define the prequalification criteria with the Project team
• Ensure that the confidentiality of all subcontract information is strictly maintained.
• Ensure that the subcontracting activities are completed within the schedule and man-hour budgets.
• Ensure constant communication with Department Manager on all issues of Project and for timely approval of all key documents and decisions to be taken on subcontracting.
• Provide assistance/support in relation to subcontracting/construction cost estimate to proposal team for EPCC/EPCIC/Construction tender.