The Security Department at Expo 2020 is mandated to prepare, deliver and ensure that the appropriate security solution is in place at all phases of the programme including Construction, Event Delivery and legacy through a guest focused, risk-based approach that sets out to provide best-in-class security.
The role of the Security Support function is to provide support with Workforce Planning, and requirements, Talent Acquisition, Security Training and resourcing to ensure that the Security Department is equipped to meet its overall program milestones and timelines for all phases of the Expo 2020 programme, from construction, event delivery and legacy.
The purpose of the role of Manager Support Services is to manage all aspects related to workforce planning and resource planning across the Security department. The role is to support departmental and organisational goals and priorities. This extends to equipment and material resources, working closely with the PMOS Procurement team and People Planning.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Support the Head of Support Services and Security teams in planning resources, including equipment, accommodations and people, aligned to organisational goals and objectives;
- Project Manage specific resource Projects aligned with the departmental and organisational goals, including planning, implementation and reporting;
- Act as the prime liaison for all matters related to security resource planning, working with internal security stakeholders and Expo 2020 departments including PMOS, HR, and from time to time with other departments across Expo2020;
- Support with the development of manpower and workforce plans, ensuring appropriate resourcing of FTEs and Contractors, including key milestone alignment of phases with resources;
- Support with People Planning Submissions to ensure approval for recruitment of vacancies, including quality check of submissions to ensure correctness and accuracy;
- Work with Security Operations, HR and Workforce planning teams to identify people resource needs and capture requirements, reporting on anomalies and where appropriate make amendments;
- Act as the focal point for the Security Department with Expo 2020 recruitment teams to ensure that recruitment is on track, to ensure that the right candidate is selected to meet business requirement as well as support the Head of Support and Security Management teams in the budgeting process to ensure resources are planned against the same;
- Support other Security activities, initiatives and undertake any other duties as assigned by the Head of Support Services from time to time.