Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
The successful SVM will be able to:
Act as the business owner for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
Maximize Amazon s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
- Define strategies to deliver best-in-class customer experience while delivering profitable growth in the retail category
- Develop knowledge of supply/ demand trends and success drivers of your category
- Establish relationships and negotiate agreements/deals with leading manufacturers and brands. Drive new product launches and additions in the category
- Execute and lead projects to more efficiently source stock, manage prices, execute promotions
- Collaborate with vendors and merchandizing teams on promotions and marketing initiatives and coordinate with the Merchandising team to execute these activities
- Collaborate with operational teams to ensure healthy inventory levels while managing stock-out/ overstock risk
- Participate in day-to-day operational aspects of the category, including gathering and addressing customer feedback, price monitoring, business improvement initiatives.
- Be an ambassador within the industry and continuously enhance Souq's position.
-While this role will be hired for UAE Region, the employee would be required to work out of KSA.