Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead and supervise workers to perform overhauling of all relevant equipment as assigned. These equipments will include: Main Engine 2-stroke, Auxiliary Engine 4-stroke, Steam Turbine, Engine Turbocharger, Centrifugal Pump, Screw Pump, Gear Box, Winches and Windlass, COW machines IG/Pump room fans etc.
Lead and supervise workers to perform overhauling & calibration of all relevant equipment as assigned. These equipments will include: Engine Fuel Pump & Injector, Safety & Relief Valves and PV Valves Steel chock bedding, Valve seat grinding using Chris marine, Retubing of heat exchangers, Plate type cooler cleaning, High pressure washing of engine parts, Air hoist, hydraulic pump, jacks, ETC repair and Rigging up to 30 tons.
Liaise with other discipline foremen / supervision to ensure the optimum utilization of available resources, with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
• Supervise, Proactive, Responsible and control all the work of Vessel construction.
• Ability to work in the site with own initiative.
• Knowledge for fixing of Gear Box, Main Engine, Shaft, Coupling, Stand Tube, Propeller, Steering Gear, Raddar, Bow Thruster, new machines & other Machineries with all maintenance.
• Knowledge of all kind of Machinery Deck, Fuel Pumps, STP, Hydrophore, Blowers maintenance, troubleshoot & all machinery in level deck.
• Knowledge of all machinery to be fixed in Engine room
• Responsible for fixing of all pipes & routes line for all piping (Bilge, Black & Grey water, Fuel, Filling line, Fresh water, Air Vent, HVAC, Fire System, Hose Railing etc.)
• Maintaining of Tanks (Fuel, Freshwater etc.)
• Make sure all work are being completing with Standard Safety & Testing
• Preparing documents for docking & un-docking.
• Knowledge of Fabrication, Foundation for Machinery
• Good Team work and ability to work under pressure with appropriate programe.
• Auto CAD reading & cutting drawing.
• Installation, servicing and repair of a wide variety of marine inboard and outboard engines. These will be both 2 and 4 stroke petrol and diesel engines which include fuel injection and computerised diagnostics
• Main brand training would be advantageous but not a necessity, as continued training will be available.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Flexibility to travel when required [a driving license is essential for the position]
• Further to your mechanical experience, experience in a marine electronics environment would be beneficial.
• You will be responsible for the day to day works expected of this role, plus being a face of the service side of the brand, aiming to promote the business at every opportunity.
You will be expected to work independently whilst being responsible for managing the Marine team, in organising engine and boat service work.
• Ensure that company policies, procedures and operations comply with relevant customer, company and industry wide requirements; taking all necessary action required to ensure company objectives are achieved whilst being within the commercial interest of the business as a whole.