MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Expired By 31/12/2015
To test, calibrate, and repair electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards. To set up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment and align, repair, replace, and balance component parts and circuitry.
1. To perform preventative and corrective maintenance of test apparatus and peripheral equipment.
2. To set up test equipment and conducts tests on performance and reliability of mechanical, structural, or electromechanical equipment.
3. To disassemble and reassemble instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects instruments and equipment for defects.
4. To determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
5. To perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
6. To conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
7. To troubleshoot causes of instrument and calibration equipment operating errors and deciding appropriate remedial action in accordance with vendor and manufacturer’s instructions.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
Using mathematics to solve problems
Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs
Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
Talking to others to convey information effectively
Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it