IREX seeks a qualified short-term consultant with immediate availability to support the USAID-funded Pre-Service Teacher Education in Jordan project. Working with a variety of stakeholders, including the Queen Rania Teacher Academy (QRTA), the project empowers universities to improve pre-service teacher education and assists the Government of Jordan in developing and implementing teacher education reforms while addressing gender disparities in teaching.
The short-term consultant will advise on the design and implementation of a nationwide awareness campaign across Jordan aimed at raising the perceived social status of the teaching profession. Additionally, the consultant will provide guidance, oversight, and support towards the implementation of the campaign during the expected period of November December 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working in close collaboration with IREX s Communications and Marketing Advisor, the consultant will support the IREX implementation team, Government of Jordan (GoJ), and a separately contracted marketing firm to plan and implement the nationwide campaign. Specific tasks include:
• Review and advise on plans for message testing and revision of campaign materials based on message testing;
• Provide project management support to the Communications and Marketing Advisor to ensure that the established workplan for the campaign is fulfilled.
Skills and Experience
Required Abilities and Experience
• Demonstrated skills and at least 8 years of relevant professional experience in public relations, marketing, and/or media campaigns.
• Bachelor s degree (or equivalent), preferably in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Public Policy, or other relevant field.
• Experience developing and leading results-driven campaign strategies that leverage a range of marketing media and tactics, e.g. social media, TV, radio, billboard, community events.
• Skills and a track record for measuring perception change and whether campaign messages/activities are achieving intended results; the ability to adapt the campaign approach if current approach is not achieving targeted results.
• Experience advising teams in the international public sector, private sector, and/or in donor funded projects in at least one project of similar complexity.
• Proven experience as a program or project manager with effective planning and delegation skills.
• Track record of achieving results in public awareness/media campaigns.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with team members in multiple time zones, partner organizations, and stakeholders from government and education sectors.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
Preferred Abilities and Experience
• Fluency in Arabic.
• Experience related to Jordan or the MENA region preferred.
• Experience designing and leading communications and marketing activity in the education sector.
To qualify for this consultancy, candidates must have the qualifications and experience in each of the areas listed under Required Abilities and Experience, and be able to provide examples for these. They must have excellent English skills.
Candidates who have the required abilities and experience will be more competitive if they can also demonstrate experience and skills listed under Preferred Abilities and Experience.