Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Materials Engineer will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction team with respect to all materials submittals, approvals, testing, sampling, etc. He will participate in the quality control of materials including all the laboratory and field testing, acceptance of used materials, checking and accepting all remedial and corrective measures. He will supervise the works of the Materials Inspectors.
• Review and approve (make recommendation for approval by the RE/SRE) of all submitted materials by the contractor.
• Ensure compliance of used materials with the project s specifications.
• Participate in construction quality control.
• Supervise, participate and direct sampling and testing of all materials according to the contract and the specifications.
• Analyze the test results in a timely manner and recommend action to the Senior Resident Engineer /Senior Materials Engineer.
• Maintain records of test results and all taken corrective actions.
• Track and review the site testing and certificates of compliance.
• Ensure very close and clear coordination of his team activities with the other construction supervision staff.
• Follow up and verify implementation of corrective actions.
• Coordinate the review and approval of specialty and other high-profile materials with Client/PMC and other stakeholders as directed by the SRE and Senior Materials Engineer.
• Ensure inspection and checking of all delivered materials to site for conformance to the project requirements and approval, as directed by the Senior Materials Engineer/Resident Engineer/Senior Resident Engineer.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Civil Engineering with ten (10) years demonstrable experience in in Materials and Quality Control on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
• Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyze laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project s Specifications.
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working on ADM (Abu Dhabi Municipality) project is preferred.