Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
· Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
· Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
· Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
· Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
· Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
· Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
· Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.