Laboratory Technologists have a critical role in the successful execution and implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) in all phases of the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical laboratory processes. Within their specific department, each Laboratory Technologist ensures quality specimens for laboratory testing. They follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to produce timely and accurate data for patients, QC results, and Proficiency Testing (PT) results.
• Receive and prepare specimens for testing
• Prepares and/or reconstitutes control materials and reagents
• Use appropriate sterilization or decontamination techniques
• Ensure adequate inventory
• Assemble and distribute specimen collection and shipping kits following regulations covering shipment of biological and/or hazardous materials; maintain records of distributed supplies.
• Perform and document routine maintenance according to manufacturer s guidelines and NRL s procedures. Document all actions and take corrective measures when necessary.
• Perform quality control analysis and proficiency testing according to defined procedures.
• Perform, without deviation, all analyses and result reporting according to the associated SOPs.
• Ensure that all regulatory agency guidelines are met including those mandated by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD), the College of American Pathologists (CAP), the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 15189:2012, the Joint Commission (JCI) and other relevant accrediting bodies.
• Actively participate in continuous quality improvement
• Prepare specimens for shipment following local and international regulations and defined procedures.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• BSc degree in Medical Technology / Laboratory Technology or Biomedical Science
• DHA practice license for Dubai, HAAD license for Abu Dhabi.
• Minimum of three (3) years in a clinical laboratory
• Fluent in English, a second language an advantage
• Advantage: Experience in a CAP accredited laboratory, working under the supervision of a Pathologist certified by the American Board of Pathology
• Software skills with knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft Office products
• Ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal supervision;
• Skill in fine, precise manipulation of equipment and materials;
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations including conversions, ratios, rates and percentages;