Assists in performing assigned medical records functions quickly and accurately, works in various shifts as assigned in order to meet the Hospital s operational needs.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1.Assists in retrieving scheduled patient charts by clinics, transferring and confirming the records using chart tracking system, and delivering and collecting records to/from the clinics and refiling them as assigned.
2. Assists in sorting and filing loose documents in the records, performing Repair and Volume procedures, and creating folders for new charts as directed.
3. Assists in retrieving and returning from/ to warehouse and Inactive/ Expired Records areas, and other areas/sections of Medical Records Services, delivers and picks up records from bus stop, and transfers records to Medical Records - Riyadh and Jeddah Branch as required.
4. Assists in performing all related functions for retrieval for Emergency and walk-in patients charts.
5. Searches for missing files and uses the Overdue Reports, as needed.
6. Provides customer-service to Research & Study chart Reviews while retrieving records in a timely manner.
7. Covers reception desk, greets customers, answers phone calls and takes clear and concise messages. Copies, sorts and numbers documents.
8. Maintains accurate permanent files by sorting, cleaning and auditing as necessary, keeps the file area neat and organized, and helps with the filing.
9. Assists in monitoring patient request queue to retrieve records, and responds to requests from Patient Services, Protocol Services and Chief Operating Officer Office as required.
10. Raises issues of concern with appropriate supervisor/team leader.
11. Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
12. Participates in self and other s education, training and development, as applicable.
13. Performs any other related duties as assigned.
Associate Degree/ Diploma in Hospital / Business Administration or other related discipline; or High School Education is required.
No experience required with Associate Degree/Diploma (on-job training), or one (1) year of related patient services experience with High School Education is required.
Saudi Nationals only.