MEP Engineer is a single level professional classification responsible for planning and design in the area of Mechanical, Electrical and plumbing (MEP) system including developing policies standard, inspection procedure and evaluation tools for MEP matters along with prepare, review drawing, specification and cost estimates for the mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing.
Working as part of the Technical Office team, reporting to the Technical office manager, MEP Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the project relating to building services, Lx MEP design. The role includes the management of the MEP team to ensure that the day-to-day duties are performed professionally and expeditiously to support the ongoing progress of the project.
First: The Duties of MEP T.O. Engineer: -
1- General: -
• HVAC Expert.
• Fire Alarm Expertise.
• Energy Management.
• Electrical Power and Lighting.
• Attention to Details.
• Responsive In Nature.
2- Specific needs in the Technical Office work: -
• MEP engineer has to review and develop detailed designs and B.O.Q. according to Specifications.
• MEP Engineer has to prepare plans, details, specified and cost estimated of plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and general piping system.
• MEP Engineer has to provide technical advice to staff designer, supervisor, inspector and contracting service provider, regarding installation and maintenance of MEP System.
• MEP System has to analyze mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
• MEP Engineer has to identify problems in design, plan, manage and deliver multiple projects.
• MEP Engineer has to plan, organize the review and evaluate the work of consultant, contractor, and others.
• MEP Engineer has to knowledge of MS Office, AutoCAD and Project management software.
• Manage the day-to-day work of the MEP team.
• In conjunction with the document controller, ensure that the filing/logging of the MEP documentation is undertaken in line with the project handbook and continually monitor the same.
• Review Contractor s installation method statements.
• Review Contractor s shop drawings against the design [tender] drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to Project Director with appropriate comments/approval within the specified contractual period.
• Review and prepare RFI, B.O.Q., Material submittals, list of drawings etc .
• Review and prepare Test and Commissioning protocols, as built .
• Attend project, site progress and any MEP services related technical meetings as directed by the T.O. manager.
More than 4 years
Not Specified at least