Headquartered in Chantilly, VA, VT Group is a leading technology integrator with nearly 50 years of experience delivering C4ISR solutions to complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets. An end-to-end provider of integrated information systems and technology engineering solutions, VT Group operations span more than 80 locations worldwide.
DELTA Resources, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of VT Group, provides the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and the Navy’s Program Executive Offices (PEOs) with C5I and weapons systems engineering, integrated product support, and a full spectrum of technical services. We deliver information technology, cloud implementation, and cybersecurity engineering services to a growing customer base that includes the US Army and the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
We are seeking a Model Designer/ Developer/Analyst to join our Cloud, Cyber, and Data Analytics team at our Corporate Headquarters office in Alexandria, VA (note: Due to COVID-19, this position requires full time telework at project start). This is a mid-level position supporting cloud computing/DevSecOps for a predictive analytics research and development project in support of COVID-19 N dimensional data visualization that offers outstanding opportunities for learning and career advancement. Ideal candidates will have strong technical aptitude, hands on programming capability, curiosity, and desire to build cool innovative tools while working as a member of an Agile team. This position involves work in a Linux/AWS Cloud environment supporting analytics focused cloud data models and architectures.
• Collaborate with Principal Investigator and Data Scientist to develop and implement data analytics models, algorithms, and predictive analytics applications in code using a variety of data sources, programming languages, and cloud native technologies.
• Produce and document conceptual designs, methodologies, data models, algorithms, perform software development, integrations, testing and validation of data analytics models, perform data acquisition, validation, cleansing, and analysis as needed. Integrate predictive models into the SynGlyphX 3-D data visualization platform.
• Collaborate to design, code, test, and validate models and analytics applications following Agile CMMI Level 3 practices.
• Support the team with all other duties as needed.
• Bachelor's degree or combination of coursework and work experience in related field.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with solid background in math, statistics with solid cloud skills, demonstrated proficiency with Linux command line and hands on experience with data analytics and ML tool infrastructures (e.g. Hadoop) with strong familiarity with modern data analytics principles, practices, methods, and tools or analytics.
• Experience in the design, documentation, and development of predictive analytics models and algorithmic approaches using a wide variety of methodologies such as Monte Carlo Simulation.
• Ability to work on an Agile Scrum team using CMMI Level 3 practices.
• 4 and 3GL programming experience and demonstrated programming skills in current backend and front end language - (e.g.: Java, Python, R, SQL, React, Angular, Ruby, Go, Node.JS, etc).
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance.
• Active IC or DoD Security Clearance a plus.
• AWS Certification a plus.
This position is contingent upon contract award