This is a physician position and is responsible for applying medical knowledge and skills to the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of illnesses for patients within the Neurosciences - Neurology/Neuro-Rehabilitation specialty at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi (CCAD). Under the supervision and guidance of the Consultant Physician, this position treats patients directly and/or may make referrals to different members of the health care professional team at CCAD.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitors and provides care to patients at CCAD within the Neurosciences - Neurology/Neuro-Rehabilitation specialty
• Prescribes or administers medication, therapy and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury
• Analyzes records, reports and test results to diagnose patient's medical condition
• Interacts with patient to gather additional history and information about medical condition
• Explains procedures and discusses test results or prescribed treatments with patient
• Provides specific treatments and/or performs operations to treat patient medical conditions, as appropriate
• Evaluates patient and records applicable notes about patient's condition for purposes of serving as a record of treatment and/or making a possible referral to another member of the health care medical staff team
• Liaisons with other medical and non-medical staff at CCAD to ensure quality patient treatment
• Performs surgical procedures and operations as appropriate
• Supplies and provides care in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner
• Follows ethical and regulatory guidelines
• Takes part in administrative functions that ensure the continued operations of the clinical environment, such as committees, task forces and performance improvement measures
• Adheres to individual approved clinical privileges, as well as to all policies and procedures of the Medical Staff
• Experience requirements are set by the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi bylaws.
• To view the Professional Qualification Requirements set by the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi, please visit http://www.haad.ae/HAAD/tabid/927/Default.aspx
• For physicians with Tier 1 or Tier 2 qualifications, no additional experience is required post-qualification in the specialty field.
• For physicians with Tier 3 qualifications, a minimum of three years clinical experience post-qualification as a Specialist in an international accredited institute is required. For UAE nationals, a minimum of one year experience post-qualification in the specialty field is required.
• Ability to speak and write English is required; ability to speak and write Arabic is preferred.
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is located on Al Maryah Island, the heart of Abu Dhabi's new central business district. It shares the island with a hotel, stock exchange, and office buildings. Access to the island is by multiple bridges to the mainland. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is a unique and unparalleled extension of the Cleveland Clinic model of care, providing a spectrum of specialty services that are designed to cater to the healthcare needs of Abu Dhabi and the region. One of the objectives of Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is to address the needs of patients currently traveling abroad for treatment. Like its counterpart in the United States, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is a physician-led medical facility, served by Western-trained, North American board-certified (or equivalent) physicians. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi offers the most advanced tertiary medical services in the region through a comprehensive range of specialties and subspecialties. Local and international patients are cared for in an environment that combines excellent amenities and service standards with the highest quality patient care and superior clinical outcomes. The hospital is designed to offer state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment capabilities, and to utilize advanced technologies in surgery, imaging, telemedicine, and electronic medical records.