Play Your Part
The Night Auditor will oversee all aspects of the end of day process and works closely with the night hotel team.
• Review all financial and non-financial transactions to determine accuracy.
• Run the end of day (EOD) process
• Identify any errors, correct them, and ensure all guest accounts and departmental charges are accurate.
• Reconcile all financial transactions
• Produce specific reports which allow other departments to evaluate their performance and plan their activities.
• Ensure that the correct rate is posted to each room and is therefore reflected correctly in the daily revenue and occupancy figures
• Support all Front Office Operations including Check in / out with room allocations and other duties related to accommodation and rooming requirements.
• Balances charges for the current business date making corrections as necessary
• Posts room charges and taxes to all guest accounts
• Posts charges that have not yet been posted or were incurred during the overnight shift
• Transfers charges and deposits to posting masters, travel agent and house-use accounts
• Verifies all financial transactions including payments, account postings and balances
• Verifies that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments and payment types
• Verifies that all transactions are justified and have been correctly posted/allocated in the PMS
• Verifies that all charges posted from the POS have posted correctly to the guest s folio
• Verifies that all room rates are correct and that any complimentary bookings are justified
• Audits and summarizes cashiering activities related to cash, check and credit card transactions
• Runs the End of Day process in the PMS to post applicable charges and roll the business date
• Tracks and reports on room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other daily statistics
• Compiles and submits the results of the audit as part of the night audit pack of reports
• Responds to guest requests and complaints, alerting the appropriate manager as needed
• Functions as a front desk agent in terms of check-in/out procedures and other guest services
Health & Safety :
You are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within your team, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, you must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees you are responsible for are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. You must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, you must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• Bachelor s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
• 2 4 years of similar experience in a 4 or 5 stay hotel
• Knowledge and understanding of safety and security procedures as related to health, liability, loss prevention, incident reporting, etc is essential
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.