• Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE;
• Job Role: Management.
• Career Level: Executive/ Director;
• Years of Experience: 12 20.
• Bachelor s Degree in Nuclear Science/ Engineering;
• Additional Certification such as P.E. and/ or MBA;
• Ph.D. degree in Nuclear Science/ Engineering;
• Minimum 12 years relevant experience in Nuclear Energy where 10 years in an R&D departmental leadership role with P&L responsibility, proven record of converting R&D into realized practical benefit or monetized I.P.;
• Understanding of the Technological developments in the Nuclear Fuel Cycle;
• Awareness of Nuclear Standards and International bodies;
• Identify new technologies and other scientific concepts;
• Knowledge of Nuclear Industry;
• Tendering and Bid Evaluation;
• Contract Management;
• Research and Analysis;
• Policy and Procedure Design;
• Statistical Analysis;
• Presentation Skills;
• Contract Compliance;
• Legal Contracts;
• Project Management Systems and Tools.
Manage Nuclear Research Programs
• Overall responsibility for delivery of Company R&D objectives and financial management;
• Manage, coordinate and steer all nuclear science and related research programs;
• Set priority goals of research and other activates in compliance with Company vision, missions and goals;
• Develop and implement the appropriate strategies and systems for effective coordination, monitoring and evaluating research work;
• Develop business plans and businesses cases to ensure availability of funds for research purposes
• Successful delivery of research projects (to time, budget and quality objectives) and ability to manage and deliver research programs;
• Developing strategic roadmap for R&D development within the UAE, potentially including creation of UAE nuclear research facility and engagement with Industry;
• Developing and guiding business cases for individual research projects and capital investment projects that may be required to enhance the UAE capabilities.
Nuclear Research & Development Activities
• Investigate advanced nuclear technologies and publish both quantitative and qualitative research on projects;
• Help develop expertise in the field of Nuclear Science and related technologies. Develop R&D competency framework and pipeline of UAE research professionals;
• Initiate new research proposals and coordinate research, scientific, technical and commercial activities;
• Maintain a R&D program of potential future research projects; such as nuclear and environmental safety, nuclear fuel cycle technology, radiation science, waste management and other areas;
• Investigate development of novel advanced nuclear reactors with a substantially improved safety, economics and environment-friendly features.
Collaboration and partnership within R&D program
• Collaborate and promote Company and UAE Nuclear Program and establish relationship with potential scientific partners;
• Establish international partnership with leading R&D institutions;
• Build constructive relationships with stakeholders through networking and attending meetings and events which are important to the Company research programs;
• Establish contractual agreements with research entities that maximize I.P. for the UAE.
• Manage the effective achievement of organization's objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal - in order to maximize subordinate and department performance;
• Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy;
• Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance;
• Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission-critical activities.
HSE, Security & Continuity of Operation
• Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls.