Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensures optimal health, safety and security for own work place and cooperates with leaders to ensure a safe environment for colleagues and patients in Doha Clinic Hospital including tasks that are undertaken as a routine part of one’s work.
. Coordinates with the healthcare team to ensure the provision of services which are in the interests of the patients, families and general public or services that support the smooth running of Doha Clinic Hospital.
. Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes to ensure optimal patient care.
. Inspects area daily for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and standards and takes corrective action when violation occurs.
. Prepares patient for scheduled procedures.
. Monitors medical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel.
. Assists surgical team during operative procedures.
. Administers medication as directed and ordered by the anesthetist/surgeon.
. Ensures adequate stock of supplies, and maintains established PAR levels and proper functioning of equipment.
. Accepts responsibilities of a preceptor and orients, instructs and trains personnel as assigned by superiors.
. Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording in patients’ medical record. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics etc.
. Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital standards.
. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-services, meetings and workshops.
. Reports adverse occurrences, if any during or after procedure, as per hospital policy.
. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Requirements & Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing or equivalent qualification of not less than 3 years study duration in “Nursing” from accredited program after completion of 12 years high school.
. Associate degree in Nursing recognized by country of current license for Registered General Nurse (RGN)
· ACLS, PALS relevant to area of specialty. ILS, ALS, PLS are accepted.
· Not less than 4 years post graduate clinical experience in an appropriate acute care setting.
· 3 years operating theatre experience preferred.