5.1 Provides professional Nursing Care of Eye patients and assist the Ophthalmologist.
• Preparing Equipments
• Greeting patients, taking basic history and preparing them for eye examination.
• Performing general nursing care to patients.
• Assisting Ophthalmologist during procedures
• Administering prescribed medications
• Maintaining orderly and timely flow of patients
• Scheduling patient testing, referrals
• Responding to and referring incoming phone calls
5.2 Maintains current knowledge of the Nursing Process and current development in providing patient care
• Attending to In-service lectures conducted by the CME
• Reading current professional literates and journals.
5.3 Contributes to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the center.
• Checking for medication ( eye drops), informing proper personnel when eye drops supplies needed to be ordered
• Attending required meetings
• Preparing and maintaining trays for procedures
• Performing other job related duties as assigned.
• Performs other tasks and duties with the scope of the knowledge, skills, and experience required for the job, as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
5.4 Cleaning & Sterilization of Instruments
• Responsible for sterilization process, follows guidelines for sterilization as per policy including disassembly, sorting, soaking, rinsing, drying, inspecting, and wrapping of instruments, cleaning sterilizing equipment, and organizing surgical instrument trays.
• Responsible for maintaining necessary supply levels in sterile storage areas.
• Operating and monitoring steam autoclaves, and other sterilizing equipment
• Recording sterilizer test results