Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions and providing medical care in the area of specialization, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Provides required patient care and management in the area of Obstetrics & Gynecology in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by the hospital
• Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the policies and procedures of the hospital
• Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
• Assesses patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/ procedures. Initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded.
• Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/ surgery and performs procedures/surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
• Follows-up on investigation results for outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
• Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
• Directs and advices junior staff on patient management, especially in the area of specialization.
• Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
• Keeps abreast of all the latest techniques and developments, especially in area of specialization. Implements them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
• Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department.
• Participates in national and international medical conferences.
• Participates in clinical, basic and translational research and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of the hospital
• Administrative Responsibilities
• Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department.
• Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
• Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
• Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps self updated of any changes that might occur.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Doctor of Medicine Degree from a recognized medical school
• Seven (7) years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus postgraduate training experience must be equal to or exceed seven (7) years experience in the subspecialty.
• Certified in medical specialty by an approved Specialty Board.
• American board in Specialty/Fellowship program in country of origin.