UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Office of Equal Opportunity Specialist who will report to the Office of Compliance and Risk Management at NYUAD, and Office of Equal Opportunity ( OEO ) in New York.
The role will handle policy matters primarily related to the Office of Equal Opportunity, compliance, human resources, and employee relations. In this role, the OEO Specialist will be responsible for intake and assessment of complaints arising out of NYU s Abu Dhabi campus, and conducting independent and unbiased investigations of complaints of discrimination, harassment, misconduct and retaliation in accordance with New York University s Abu Dhabi s ( NYUAD ) Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy and Complaint Procedures for Employees and other related policies, in conjunction with an Investigator from the Office of Equal Opportunity in New York.
The OEO Specialist will provide awareness education and training to faculty, staff, research, and academic support employees on issues of prohibited discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in accordance with University policy and best practices. They will participate in campus initiatives aimed at cultivating and sustaining an inclusive environment; make recommendations for greater effectiveness of inclusion goals and objectives; and administer, collate and analyze data from evaluation surveys, and other feedback mechanisms. The OEO Specialist will assist the Office of Inclusion and Equity with the continuous improvement and development of cultural awareness education programs and materials, based on general data trends.
The OEO Specialist will collaborate and consult with the Office of General Counsel, the Provost s Office, the Office of Inclusion and Equity, the Office of Student Conduct, Human Resources, Employee Relations, and other University offices regarding matters related to the University s equal opportunity policies.
• Provide preventive, proactive advice on a broad range of policy and practice matters, including discrimination, harassment, misconduct and retaliation
• Conduct prompt, thorough and timely investigations of complaints of discrimination filed by and against employees based on equal employment opportunity protected characteristics including but not limited to: race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, and/or any other protected characteristic under University policy.
• Investigation duties will include, but are not limited to: developing an investigation plan, analyzing complaints to identify allegations, interviewing complainants, respondents, witnesses, and managers, etc.
• Identify and collect relevant documentation, and appropriately document and summarize interviews and other investigatory findings in accordance with relevant University policies, procedures and practices.
• Proactively make recommendations to OEO regarding case management, investigation strategy and findings
• Perform intake inquiries and assessments of complaints arising out of NYU Abu Dhabi s campus, for appropriate response and/or referral to OEO as needed
• Triage incoming complaints and concerns, and direct appropriately to the relevant office for action, including the University s Office of General Counsel, Provost s Office, Office of Student Conduct, Human Resources, Employee Relations, and other University offices as needed
• Prepare training materials and conduct training sessions regarding University policy and employment best practices
• Keep abreast of legal decisions, statutory changes and other developments, and advise the Offices of OEO and Compliance on same
• Review and evaluate requests for workplace accommodations or employment modification by employees. Collaborate with relevant offices regarding determination and implementation of approved accommodations. Coordinate response to issues regarding campus accessibility in collaboration with other relevant offices