REQ#: RQ64709 Travel Required: Less than 10% Requisition Type: Pipeline
GDIT has a potential opportunity for a System Administrator with an active SSBI or equivalent clearance investigation. The selected candidate would support ONE-Net; the premier U.S. Navy Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) network that provides enterprise level support at multiple locations across the globe. Join the GDIT team of professionals working at this unique location in a challenging and rewarding environment. From experiencing the local culture to ensuring that our nation s naval warfighters are mission cable, the sun never sets on ONE-Net!
If you like sun and sand, you ll love Bahrain. With average temperatures between 67 F in December and 95 F in July be sure to bring your sunglasses and sunscreen! Bahrain is a unique place to live and work, the combination of the small town U.S.A on-base atmosphere coupled with the international flare and unique cultural experiences off base its a winning combination! From F1 races at the Bahrain International Circuit and pearl diving in the Persian Gulf to chili cook offs and softball games Bahrain has a lot to offer the adventurous applicant.
For additional information on the sights and sounds of Bahrain visit:
• Ability to provide 8x5 On Site AND 24x7 On Call Support.
• Administration of multi-user computer systems.
• Administration of Unix or other open systems-compliant multi-user system.
• Assists in the daily operations of computer center and network suites.
• Assists in the operation of client-server software and network operations.
• Assists management in the operation of computer and network system suites.
• Maintains and troubleshoots intra-system telecommunications.
• Maintains close contact with all supported elements of the client s facility, and related communications links, in order to effectively deal with problems and organizational issues.
• Monitors each system and adjusts/configures each for maximum system performance.
• Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
• Performs moderately complex systems administration and monitoring/tuning appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
• Performs system related duties and functions at the direction of the ONE-NET Operations. Manager and/or Functional Supervisor.
• Provides hardware and software troubleshooting for the Local/Wide Area Network.
• Provides technical services to help resolve enterprise-wide ADP/network issues.
• Resolves hardware problems.
• Schedules or performs the repair and/or replacement of defective computer equipment.
• Serves specified organizational units through the provision of satisfactory computing services.
• Experience living and working in an OCONUS location.
• Experience managing, monitoring and maintaining localwide area networks and systems in a 24x7 environment.
• Experience working with geographically dispersed customers and organizations.
• Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice or video.
• Experience supporting US DoD or US Navy customers and organizations.
• Flexibility in adapting to and functioning in demanding and fluid environments or situations.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Interpersonal and communications skills to interact with customers and team members.
• Skilled in time, priority and task management.
• DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Baseline Certification
• Windows 10 Operating System Certification
• Windows Server 2012 OR HIGHER Operating System Certification
Relocation not provided.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.