BS Nursing or Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery of min three and a half years duration or Diploma in Nursing of minimum three years duration
Experience: minimum 2 years of work experience
Female only . Orthopedic and Pediatric experience is preferred.
Must be HAAD passers or HAAD Licensed or HAAD Exam exempted
• Professional responsibility, performance and practice:
• Accepts responsibility for ensuring that his/her nursing practice and conduct meet the standards of professional, ethical and relevant legislated requirements.
• Demonstrates the ability to apply the principles of cross-cultural knowledge and culturally sensitive skills in implementing culturally congruent nursing care.
• Promotes an environment that enables health consumer safety, independence, quality of life, and health.
• Practices nursing in a manner that the health consumer determines as being culturally safe.
• Evaluates her/his own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations.
• Management of nursing care:
• Provides planned nursing care to achieve identified outcomes, utilizing appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
• Undertakes a comprehensive and accurate nursing assessment of health consumers in a variety of settings.
• Ensure documentation is accurate and maintains confidentiality of information.
• Ensures the health consumer has adequate explanation of the effects, consequences and alternatives of proposed treatment options.
• Acts appropriately to protect oneself and others when faced with unexpected health consumer responses, confrontation, personal threat or other crisis situations.
• Evaluates health consumer s progress toward expected outcomes in partnership with health consumers.
• Provides health education appropriate to the needs of the health consumer within a nursing framework.
• Reflects upon, and evaluates with peers and experienced nurses, the effectiveness of nursing care.
• Supports, participates in programs for and maintains professional development.
• Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
• Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
• Interpersonal relationships:
• Establishes, maintains and concludes therapeutic interpersonal relationships with health consumers.
• Practices nursing in a negotiated partnership with the health consumer where and when possible.
• Communicates effectively with health consumers and members of the health care team.
• Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
• Collaborates with the healthcare consumer, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
• Inter-professional healthcare and quality improvement:
• Collaborates and participates with colleagues and members of the healthcare team to facilitate and coordinate care.
• Recognizes and values the roles and skills of all members of the healthcare team in the delivery of care.
• Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
• Participates in quality improvement activities to monitor and improve standards of nursing.
• Maintain a professional portfolio.
• Actively engages in ongoing self-directed learning.
• Maintain a current Basic Life Support certificate.
• Maintain a current HAAD license.
• Complete annual staff training requirements.
• Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.