Roles and Responsibilities
A highly reputable oil and gas company is seeking an exceptionally talented Operations Administrator/Contract Specialist to join and collaborate with its dynamic global team. The ideal candidate must be motivated, professional self-starter with strong writing skills, impeccable attention to details, and ability to develop, organize, and write a persuasive and compliant proposal in response to government RFPs.
Position/Role Description: The ideal candidate will be responsible to carry out day-to-day operation including but not limited to
1. Receives, reviews, analyzes and breaks down Requests for Proposal, Requests for Quote, and Requests for Information, and similar documents.
2. Develop, organize, write, review, and revise proposals, contracts, quotes, and other information based on the RFP/RFQ/RFI requirements and with input from other corporate elements.
3. Responsible in ensuring that proposal, quotes, and other deliverables are compliant to the request, clear and well-written, persuasive, and high quality, and are consistent with corporate culture and mission.
4. Develop Tender/ Proposal Strategy, Prepare Tender/ Proposal Supporting Documentation, Review Tender/ Proposal Clarifications, Approve and Finalize Contract, Reviews and assesses the liabilities present in Customer Contracts, Subcontracts or Supplier Contracts in order to provide expert advice to operations manager and management team, and assists to negotiate T&C
5. Ensure compliance with internal contracting standards and legal guidelines
6. Conduct and Assess Client/ Supplier Contract Risk Assessment including financial and liability risk to the company
7. Develop strategies to identify, manage, and mitigate contractual risks in the assigned location/ service line/ category.
8. Execute and Monitor Client/ Supplier contract
9. Responsible for other Business Development documentation, including past performance information and contract deliverables
10. Facilitates Post Award Contract Reviews including follow up of action items and contract closure process.
11. Provide commercial support to internal and external stakeholders in all aspects of contracting for services in support of the Company's activity
12. Ensure all key contracts carry a comprehensive set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or a Service Level Agreement (SLA) to encourage positive behavior, both internally and externally, that will help support robust contract delivery and performance attainment
13. Ensure that cost, quality and schedule are managed consistent with Company contract and procurement policies and procedures
14. Post-award contracts management & administration.
15. Ensure ownership, embrace change, improve processes, and resolve conflicting priorities in order to ensure efficient Project Delivery.
• Exceptional ability to write effective, persuasive, and responsive proposals under tight deadlines;
• Ability to analyze and break down Requests for Proposals and similar documents to determine the structure for a compliant response;
• Superb and consistent attention to detail;
• Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and multi-task in handling multiple projects;
• Willingness to adapt quickly to shifting deadlines and priorities;
• Strong sense of urgency and accountability;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to consistently apply good judgment in problem-solving and decision making;
• Ability to demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior.
• Positive/proactive attitude and desire to lead and grow;
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including word processing, formatting, spreadsheet production;
• Proficiency with internet research, data collection, and organization, and email;
• Proficiency with MS Project, Publisher, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and similar functions is a plus.
• Experience of Supply Chain Management operations in the Oil & Gas Industry preferably
• Experience with Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, and Performance Management
• Must have experience in a Contract Specialist role or have other procurement experience and contractual knowledge within a competent major procurement operation
• Degree in Business, Finance or Law or suitable equivalent experience through on the job training and development
• Post Graduate Diploma or Master's Degree in Supply Chain Management or Commercial Law
• 2-3 years of experience in a field requiring extensive writing, especially in a persuasive context