The Risk Operations Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function.
Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area.
May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
• Oversees and manages team in ensuring that line releases are done in accordance to the controls in place. This includes the review of Offer Letter, Credit and Security Agreements and Constitutive Documents are in order prior to line release
• Ensures that the workflows and controls are in place in accordance to the Credit Policy and local regulatory guidelines
• Reviews guidelines and regulations issued from time to time and ensure that gaps are re-mediated
• Liaises and works in partnership with stakeholders including Risk, Business, Legal and Product
• Oversees regulatory reporting submissions and ensure controls surrounding report submissions are robust for accurate and timely submissions
• Enhances productivity through automation and workflow realignments
• Provides oversight and governance over outsourced service providers
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
• 6-10 year s experience in Credit Operations
• Hands on experience in credit documentation review, knowledge of credit policies, guidelines and procedures surrounding extensions of credit
• Good understanding of Regulatory guidelines pertaining to Credit and Risk policy and guidelines
• Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Excel with numerical skills and attention to details
• Bachelor s/University degree, Master s degree preferred