The goal of this position is to secure the functionality of the business in a start-up environment and in close cooperation with the General Manager & Management team; further he shall develop, implement and manage a governance framework to realise the Company s Vision and Mission and strive for sustainable growth:
• Initially overseeing and monitoring the performance of the O&M Services provider (likely to be an internationally reputed terminalling services company) and ensuring contractual compliance. Later, in the Post-O&M period, overseeing operations of the company and the performance of various departments (Operations, HSSE, Engineering and I.T.)
• Supporting the General Manager in developing the managerial and operational capabilities of the Company to eventually takeover from the O&M service provider and manage all operations through own staff.
• Actively promoting the company s HSSE and QA policies. Ensuring operational efficiency and excellence; compliance to relevant policies, regulations and standards; minimize business risk.
• Designing and implementing business strategies, plans and procedures related to oil terminals management.
• Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
The role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the General Manager. He will have to maintain control of all the business operations and so is expected to be an experienced and efficient leader. Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics are some of the key characteristics for such a person.
This position requires a well-rounded seasoned professional with a high level of intellect and vision combined with strong operational, strategic, organizational and leadership experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor or Master s degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration from reputed universities.
• 15+ years in oil terminals and/or petrochemical operations in mid-stream/downstream industries.
• Relevant experience working in global companies in the midstream/downstream petroleum industry, especially oil terminals, and be able to work on equal footing across cultural boundaries. Concrete Middle East experience is clearly a plus.
• Relevant experience in acquisitions as well as experience in integration and stream-lining of acquired assets and staff
• Strong focus towards HSSE and Operational Excellence
• Profound understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Commercial & Marketing etc.
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving and Demonstrated leadership track record with the ability to set and drive priorities for the business and the entire organization and strong work ethics.
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operations metrics
• Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Compliance driven with focus on meeting applicable regulatory compliances
• Should be able to drive change and manage ambiguity
• Require and ensure ethical decisions and ethical transactions (purchasing, selling, contracting, etc.).
• Proficient in English as well as Arabic.
Interested candidates should send their CV to email@example.com