To oversee the office team ensuring efficient and accurate live job scheduling resulting in customer satisfaction.
Under the direction of the GM, responsible for the first line supervision of field technicians. Supports GM and partners by assisting in developing, maintaining and improving field services to maximize revenue opportunities, while ensuring unparalleled customer experience.
• Responsible for leading, directing and managing all site operations to ensure consistently high levels of service, profitability and compliance.
• Over-seeing the procurement, accounts and admin departments to ensure daily tasks are completed whilst continuing to keep a positive work environment.
• Working directly with General Manager and partners on business development projects including community events, social media marketing & business strategy.
• Sharing accurate budgets & financial reports along with preparing monthly targets
• Leading a team of 35+ technicians & drivers and 5 Managers, arranging their day to day tasks and ensuring teams run on time for over 100 projects daily across Dubai.
• Advising clients and mentoring technicians on the most cost & time effective means to complete works to a high standard.
• Briefing teams on works to be done during the day and managing their live schedule.
• Surveying works required before pricing, quoting and assigning the required technicians and materials needed to complete the job.
• Dealing with customer complaints and incorrect works undertaken by staff, gathering all relevant detail and devising a suitable solution to maintain customer satisfaction.
• Overseeing and controlling live booking schedule, job placement and technician suitability. Arranging first job confirmation at the start of the day and monitoring and deciding on driver/technician pairings.
• Respond to customer calls where necessary following the required process (if BMs unavailable, Ops Manager to answer calls)
• Preparing for all eventualities such as holding of emergency time and if the schedule changes informing customers and updating the live schedule accordingly.
• Assisting the Head Technician monitoring technician and driver development & improvement.
• Monitoring technician progress and location through verbal contact and Geotab GPS software.
• Conduct job briefings with technicians and check they have relevant gate pass confirmation.
• Develop Booking Managers, identify areas of strength and improvement and allocate work based on strengths/relevance.
• Assist BMs with their day to day tasks i.e. pricing up jobs and parts, signing off painting quotes
• Liaising with parts team for availability and costs then arranging follow up work.
• Liaising with finance and BM’s for outstanding debtors and arranging collections.
• Arranging schedules for Essential Maintenance 24/7 team and BM cover.
• Dealing with any operational employee issues and escalating to GM where required
• Assisting with customer service & technician training and updating where necessary.
• Being proactive with suppliers and developers ensuring regular contact and interaction.
• Ensuring an increased understanding of business processes through regular weekly meetings with the GM and Business Partners.
Preferred - NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a related subject
Knowledge & Experience:
Qualified Education from the UK in tradesman experience (Plumber, HVAC, electrician, carpenter).
An understanding of commercial concepts and practices.
Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations.
Knowledge and experience of computer booking software (CRM)
Experience calculating and writing quotations
3-5 years Middle East experience, ideally some time in Dubai