We are currently looking for Senior(s) and Junior(s) Oracle DBA Consultants to assist customers in the implementation of Oracle Database technology and support them mapping the Business requirements into a successful implementation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The work will be carried out either in the company s premises or on site at the customer premises in Abu Dhabi / Dubai. Hereunder a detailed list describing some of the activities/deliverable of an eProseed DBA Consultant:
• Provide technical expertise on Oracle Database and Oracle Engineered Systems (ODA, Exadata, SuperCluster, etc.);
• Consulting on Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA);
• Ability to drive architecture design on customer projects and act as a trusted advisor on Oracle Database to deliver highly available and secured database environments;
• Install, patch and maintain all Oracle Database and Enterprise Management software;
• Design and implement a backup & recovery system using RMAN, Data Pump, etc.
• Implement Oracle failover technology with RAC, Data Guard, etc.
• Facilitate and actively participate in all phases of a project development life cycle: include requirements gathering and analysis, solution design and development, testing and implementation, post-production support and evolution;
• Help customer on benchmark to identify bottlenecks, and provide guidance on tuning and optimization of Oracle Database, the underlying OS (Linux, Solaris) and storage;
• Develop accurate and concise written documentation;
• Deliver trainings on Oracle Database and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Minimum of 10 years of proven experience on Oracle Database for Senior positions, or a minimum of 3 years of proven experience on Oracle Database for Junior positions;
• In-depth knowledge of Oracle 9i to 11g with production support experience in a multi-project, multi-sites environment;
• In-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL including tuning;
• Experience with Unix/Linux/Solaris in a multi-domain environment including advanced commands and shell scripting;
• Oracle performance and tuning skills including server configuration and tracing facilities;
• Good working knowledge of job scheduling and monitoring tools;
• Oracle Data Guard, RAC , ASM, RMAN, etc.;
• Knowledge of storage management & networking;
• Knowledge of system and software high availability;
• Knowledge of Oracle Advanced Security Options and Dabatase Firewall is a plus;
• Knowledge of Golden Gate would be a plus;
• Strong interest in designing complex, mission-critical and highly secure database solutions.
• Ability to work and communicate in an international and multi-cultural environment;
• Professional approach when dealing with internal and external customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills;
• High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail;
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stressful circumstances;
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a complex global organization;
• High aptitude for learning and high degree of self-motivation;
• Acquire new competencies and accept new challenges;
• Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities;
• Fluent in English & Arabic. Any other European language is a plus.