Job Title : Stock Controller
Reports to : OT Manager
Coordinates with : Multidisciplinary Healthcare Team &
Position Summary: To work as part of the supplies team and
the wider multi-disciplinary team, providing an efficient stock control service within the theaters.
Experience: Work experience in the relevant field
- Operation Theater and a quality to all internal and external
- Serve as a liaison between the sterile processing,
preoperative services and purchasing staff to ensure smooth,
uninterrupted daily material availability to support case
functions, and the operating room schedule.
- Ensure that case baskets are accurately assembled according
to the preference card requirements, in order of scheduled
priority, and organized appropriately for case assembly.
- The post holder will also be responsible for receipt and
checking of deliveries, placing stock in correct the location
and picking for the theaters on a daily and ad-hoc basis as
- Able to manage the procurement and control of Operation
Theatre surgical consumables as well as management of
dead stock and stock approaching expiry in good time.
- Assists with effective management overheads and
resources and able to manage daily and monthly stock
counts and investigation of variances.
- Enter the charges for billing of OT & Anaesthesia
consumables on HMIS in a timely manner.
- Check stock of high value products on a regular basis.