About P&O Maritime
P&O Maritime is a diverse global company in the marine transport sector delivering innovative and sustainable solutions in partnership with our customers. With a strong focus on business growth and excellence, P&O s operations span Australasia, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
About the Role
The job holder will act as skipper operating marine craft and responder in the Marine Emergency Response Team attending to emergencies and drills as required within DP World ports Jebel Ali, Port Rashid and Hamriya in line with P&O/DP World Standards in a quick and efficient manner to protect people, environment and prevent delay or closure of port operations.
The job holder will be required to carry out all underwater activities as required in the port and as a member of the Marine 24h emergency response team attend to all marine emergencies within Jebel Ali, Port Rashid and Hamriya as per P&O/DP World Standards.
Major Activities/Deliverables which include but is not limited to:
• To operate marine craft and emergency response equipment in the event of an emergency or drill to control and prevent further possibility of pollution, damage, injury, incident to the port at Jebel Ali, Port Rashid, or Hamriya.
• To attend to minor maintenance of marine emergency response equipment such as painting and cleaning.
• To carry out regular inspections and to attend to minor maintenance within the port of Jebel Ali such as cleaning, painting, minor repair of marine safety equipment to ensure waterways are free of debris and pollution.
• To meet operational requirements such as transfer of equipment from area to area and shore to ship and personnel from shore to ship.
• To carry out diving requirements both for internal and external customers.
• To recover equipment tools dropped in the dock thereby creating a safe environment for marine operations.
• To carry out underwater dive inspections within port area and any associated maintenance as required of sensors, drains, filters and water intake areas.
• To ensure marine emergency response equipment is stored correctly, checked and maintained in a good working order and the store inventory is checked and kept fully stocked at all times by reporting to the supervisor of items that need replenishing.
• To act as crew member on marine emergency response team craft to meet operational requirements such as transfer of equipment from area to area and shore to ship and personnel from shore to ship.
• To operate skimmer barge to clean waterways within ports JA, PR and Hamriya
• Transport equipment when necessary by road from Jebel Ali to Port Rashid and Hamriya using pickup with trailers
Qualifications and Experience
• Good knowledge and understanding of English language both written and verbal
• High School Diploma or equivalent Skipper Certificate / License
• 2-3 years of experience as part of emergency response team
• Qualified, licensed skipper and experience of at least 5 years
• Diving certificate of competency from a recognized institute or school
• Should have at least 10 years underwater diving experience
• Valid UAE driving license (preferably manual)