Instructs students at the Air Defense Forces Institute (ADFI) in the operation and maintenance of the patriot system. Evaluates test results and submits attendance and grade records of students. Reviews progress of assigned class or students and makes recommendations to improve the quality of patriot training at the Air Defense Forces institute. Participates in all other functions of the training department as directed. The individual will also provide Technical Instruction and Training at the Air Defense Forces Institute (ADFI) using conference and practical exercise teaching methods. Topics would include Patriot System operations and maintenance. Performs other related duties as directed by the section officer. Participates in on the job training programs, and assists the section officer in enforcing safety policies, procedures, and standards. Identifies faulty work practices and demonstrates proper maintenance and troubleshooting techniques. Prepares and submits maintenance reports and Patriot Failure Reports (SPRs). Performs other duties as required or directed by the section officer Provides technical assistance in maintaining the Patriot power generation equipment, communications equipment and assists in missile handling operations as required . This position is located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
• Demonstrated experience in the technical support and operations of the ICC, ECS, RS, CRG, BMC, IFF, AMG, GMT, LRPT AND LS.
• Experienced in using ECS troubleshooting software aids such as Status Monitor.
• Knowledge and experience in the utilization of common industry external test equipment, such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power meters, frequency counters, spectrum and digital analyzers.
• Demonstrated experience providing Technical Instruction and Training in a classroom environment.
• Experience in the frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
• Minimum of 4 years of direct experience with organizational level maintenance on Patriot Missile Systems.
• Must have successfully completed the following Courses: U.S. Army Patriot Operator and System Mechanic Course for MOS; 24T/14E, 140E or an equivalent course of instruction conducted under the auspices of the U.S. Army Air Defense School or the Patriot Missile System Contractor.
• Experienced field engineer with military training in Patriot Configuration II/III Air Defense systems at the organizational level.
• Knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of Remote Launch Communication Upgrade (RLCEU).
• Fiber Optic/ RF cable troubleshooting and repair. Understanding and knowledge of military communications systems and encryption devices.
• US military Instructor training and experience in Patriot Missile Systems.
• Experienced working and communicating with an OCONUS customer.
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelors Degree with 4 years of related experience, or Associates Degree with 8 years experience or HS Diploma/GED with 12 years of related experience