Pavement Spall Repair Lead
Sallyport Global Holdings is seeking a Pavement Spall Repair Lead. The Pavement Spall Repair Lead works with and directs a small group of employees engaged in airport/airfield maintenance up to and including airfield ground maintenance, pavement, facilities, buildings, grounds, roadways and drainage. This position operates with supervision under the MHE Superintendent and must exercise considerable judgment in solving airport maintenance and repair problems. Actively support and uphold the Company's stated vision, mission, and values.
• Plans, assigns, supervises and lays out the work of subordinate employees involving maintenance and repair operations
• Responds to maintenance, repair, and cleanup needs of Balad Air Field.
• Assists in the estimating process of aggregates and other materials and supplies necessary to maintenance and repair activities.
• Assists in the preparation of and recommendations of budget requirements.
• Act in advisory capacity with respect construction projects under the jurisdiction of other divisions.
• Inspects proposed work and makes recommendations on the type or extent of the repair.
• Acts as dispatcher for drivers and vehicles.
• Contracts scavenger service for litter pick-up.
• Maintains records of maintenance, inspection and repair activities, including projected work schedules, equipment maintenance and repair, materials and supplies consumed; keeps accurate inventory of equipment.
• Assists in the decision-making process of purchasing of heavy equipment as well as rolling stock.
• Trains subordinate personnel including the facilitation of safety meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• The operation, maintenance of commonly used, road construction and earth-moving equipment
• Planning, coordination and supervise Civil work, demo, forms, reinforcement bar/wire, material takeoffs, paint application and removal.
• Maintain effective relationships with associated departments.
• Understanding required labor and equipment needed in the execution of assigned projects
• Knowledge of road and grounds maintenance equipment.
• Preparation of effective reports and the maintenance of records of operations.
• Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
• Five (5) years of responsible experience in the Airfield Operations up to but not all inclusive the operation of a variety of heavy road equipment; OR
• Five (5) years of experience supervising the operation and/or maintenance of a variety of heavy road construction trucks and road maintenance equipment engaged in the construction and maintenance of a large underground utility system or similar system. (Automotive or mechanical maintenance of construction trucks and/or road maintenance equipment alone will not be qualifying.)
• Prior Military and or AFCAP/LOGCAP experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
• Strong initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Who We Are
About Caliburn Internat ional, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The co mpany's website is www. caliburnintl.com .
This job d escription is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.