A successful Red Team consultant at FireEye should possess a deep understanding of both information security and computer science. They should understand basic concepts such as networking, applications, and operating system functionality and be able to learn advanced concepts such as application manipulation, exploit development, and stealthy operations. This is not a press the pwn button type of job; this career is technical and challenging with opportunities to work in some of the most exciting areas of security consulting on extremely technical and challenging work. A typical job could be breaking into a segmented secure zone at a Fortune 500 bank, reverse engineering an application and encryption method in order to gain access to sensitive data, all without being detected. If you can exploit at scale while remaining stealthy, identify and exploit misconfigurations in network infrastructure, parse various types of output data, present relevant data in a digestible manner, think well outside the box, or are astute enough to quickly learn these skills, then you re the type of consultant we re looking for.
At FireEye, you ll be faced with complex problem solving opportunities and hands-on testing opportunities on a daily basis. We help our clients protect their most sensitive and valuable data through comprehensive and real world scenario testing. The objective doesn t end at gaining domain admin or root ; this is expected and is only a starting point.
You are expected to quickly assimilate new information as you will face new client environments on a weekly or monthly basis. You will be expected to understand all the threat vectors to each environment and properly assess them. You will get to work with some of the best red teamers in the industry, causing you to develop new skills as you progress through your career. Are you up to the challenge?
• Perform network penetration, web and mobile application testing, source code reviews, threat analysis, wireless network assessments, and social-engineering assessments
• Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
• Effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel
• Recognize and safely utilize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures
• Develop scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance FireEye Mandiant s red teaming processes
• Assist with scoping prospective engagements, leading engagements from kickoff through remediation, and mentoring less experienced staff