Under general supervision, applies methods outlined in the Integrated Pest Management Plan (IPMP) to control and manage pests on US Military Installations. Position includes application of EPA registered and DoD approved products and chemicals for pest management operations. Maintains oversight for area of responsibility and participates in environmental communication and training to increase awareness and protection of the environment.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Responsible for the application of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) methods in controlling pests such as insects, rodents, birds, feral animals and termites.
2. Applies EPA registered and DoD approved products and chemicals for the control and prevention of insects and vegetation.
3. Position includes tracking, trapping and transportation of feral animals.
4. Manages and mitigates a host of pests such as flies, cockroaches, rodents and ants.
5. Reports and monitors pest management operations and activities.
6. Operates equipment related to pest management tasks.
7. Performs Integrated Pest Management inspections.
8. Manages staff to ensure safe, ethical and robust procedures are followed in accordance with regulatory guidance.
9. Assists in development and execution of pest management educational and awareness training.
10. Organizes and/or attend meetings, representing applicable area of responsibilities.
11. Ensures site compliance and safe chemical management.
12. Compiles and develops technical documents.
13. Identifies and uses developing technologies in order to improve current methodologies.
14. Assists with ensuring regulatory compliance with regulations and guidelines.
15. Communicates operational issues and problems to management.
16. Provides educational awareness of pest management practices through instructing/providing technician training.
17. Develops pesticide application schedules and performs administrative functions (meetings, e-mail).
18. Manages supplies to ensure accountability and continual service.
19. May be called on to develop and present information at senior level meetings.
20. Compiles and submits required reports to supervision and management.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Required use of equipment includes but not limited to computers, tools, phone, vehicles and pest management specific applicator tools and equipment such as traps and sprayers.
Work is generally office environment. However, duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130 degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Candidate must comply with all Fire, Safety and post policies. Normal work week is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or nights as required; to include, holidays.
Work may require heavy lifting (up to 65 pounds), stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.