• Reviews prescriptions issued by the Physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy, appropriateness of medication, and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
• Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician prescriptions.
• Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals
• Directs pharmacy workers engaged in mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
• Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
• Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of drugs designated as hazardous waste.
• Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory.
• Assesses medications to determine identity, purity, and strength.
• Train other medical personnel on matters pertaining to the pharmacy.
• Communicates with and treats pharmacy’s customers
• Works effectively with other healthcare employees, managers, and departments.
• Complies with local drug regulatory laws as regulated by the country of operation like drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
• Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacology from a recognised institution.
• UAE License or Eligibility as a clinical Pharmacist
• Fluency in English (speak, read and write).
• Arabic speaking skills will be an added advantage.
• Excellent Computer Literacy skills is required.
Minimum 3+ years experience in a similar role.
• Excellent presentation and analytical skills
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Good decision making skills
• Strong operational thinking skills
• Critical Thinking
• Conflict Management