Assists Pharmacists in the preparation of medications for filling of prescriptions (including procurement, picking, counting, labelling medicine, billing, sterile product admixing, and first on-call duties). Stock checking including crash carts checking and replenishing Omnicell in the units.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
• General Hospital Pharmacy Procurement, Distribution and dispensing services under the supervision of a Pharmacist.
• Involve in Departmental Quality Improvement Program
• Departmental Education and Training
• Department services
• Patient Safety.
Necessary knowledge and Experience to be able to do the job:
• At least 3 years hospital Pharmacy experience.
• Good product knowledge and understanding of pharmaceuticals, Pharmacy equipment and consumables would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of JCI Standards and a detailed knowledge of Pharmacy policies and procedures.
• Passed Basic Life Support training.
• Reports medication errors.
Education and Certification requirements:
• Pharmacy Degree or Diploma from the Far East, South Asia or Middle East. Registered Pharmacy Technician with Supreme Council of Health-Qatar
• Maintenance and update of knowledge with 15 online CE.
Job specific technical Skills:
• Possessing skills in Hospital Pharmacy procurement, distribution, dispensing (including aseptic admixing) and stock control.
• Reliable, dependable, and self-motivated.
• Committed to self and service development and team work.
• Good communication skills
• Proficient in common computer applications