Duties & Responsibilities
. Diagnose, stabilize and treat new-borns babies with any serious illness or life-threatening medical problems (such as breathing disorders, infections, and birth defects).
· Coordinate care and medically manage new-borns born premature, critically ill, or in need of surgery.
· Ensure that critically ill new-borns receive the proper care, nutrition for healing and growth.
· Provide care to the new born at a caesarean or other delivery that involves medical problems in the mother or baby that may compromise the infant’s health and require medical intervention in the delivery room.
· Consult with obstetricians, paediatricians, and family physicians about conditions affecting new born infants.
· Writing appropriate medical orders, to include orders for controlled substances, as required.
· Actively participates in daily patient rounds; documents patient status through appropriate use of admission H and P, daily progress notes, and discharge summaries
· Performing therapeutic interventions on an elective and/or emergency basis, including, but not limited to, endotracheal intubation, lumbar puncture, PICC lines, umbilical lines, and thoracostomy.
· Attending high-risk deliveries requiring expertise in delivery room resuscitation and stabilization, counsels families prior to delivery regarding anticipated events.
· Actively participating in daily patient rounds; documents patient status through appropriate use of admission H and P, daily progress notes, and discharge summaries.
· Practicing safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods
Requirements & Skills
. Board certification in pediatrics with at least 3 years of experience
. Certification in Neonatology training
. Fellowship program for intensive care of infants
. Genuine passion for providing care to patients
. Willingness to work long hours tirelessly
. Ability to work under pressure and stress
. Good communication skills
. Should possess great patience and compassion and some sensitivity towards patients
. Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in area of expertise.
. Ability to clearly communicate medical information to professional colleagues and the general public.
. Foundation knowledge of anatomy and physiology principles.