Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Ensure satisfactory completion of the allocated planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and remedial repairs on the Plumbing services and its associated equipment, for all plant and systems contained. Please note that this position is subject to contract award.
* Carry out the planned and reactive maintenance of storage tanks, sanitary ware, fixtures and fittings (taps, showers, thermostatic mixer valves, cisterns and others) domestic hot and cold-water system, pipework, drainage system, water treatment systems, including pumps and valves of all types and water based firefighting systems.
* Monitor, top-up, flush, adjust, rectify and /or repair water treatment systems, domestic hot and cold-water systems and maintain and update records on a daily basis.
* Assist in monitoring water consumption, collation of consumption figures, and update records as required.
* To integrate and communicate effectively with other trade staff (Electrical, Mechanical and Civil) as required.
* Maintain up to date knowledge for the safe and efficient performance of all duties.
* Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to maintain continuity of operation of essential plant and systems.
* Participate in emergency on-call service during non-working hours, weekends and public holidays.
* Work alone with minimum supervision and/or within a team responsible to the Supervisor.
* Participate in the Health, Safety & Risk programs including risk assessment of planned and reactive maintenance work activities.
* Use safe systems of work when working with all plant and equipment and ensure the same with the department and among sub-contractors and third parties.
* Participate in project work including refurbishment of existing building equipment/systems and/or new installations.
* Provide effective communication with management, peers, contractors, subcontractors, project subcontractors.
* Ensure good HSQE and Information security culture is promoted within the department and among peers.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
* Good English language skills both written and oral.
* Ability to work on own initiative and without direct supervision.
* Physically fit and conscientious.
* Customer focused.
* Understanding of planned and preventative maintenance principles.
* Innovative thinker.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
* Minimum three (3) years of experience as plumber in a commercial buildings or hospital or other facilities management building services engineering environment.
* Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of Plumbing systems throughout.
* Technically competent with a clear technical understanding of buildings Plumbing services and associated equipment.
* At least holder of High School Diploma.
* Must hold relevant and recognized qualifications in the discipline, or equivalent.